Looking for a free golf handicap calculator ? We got you covered. Most free handicap calculators are outdated and are incorrect in calculating your true golf handicap.
Our calculator mirrors the updated World Handicap System (WHS) to give you an accurate golf handicap. You'll be able to calculate your golf handicap for free.
Our FREE Golf Handicap Calculator / Tracker will give you the option to download as an Excel or Google Sheet.
Get Your Own FREE Handicap Tracker
Use Our FREE golf handicap calculator
Enter your round information below...
How the FREE Handicap Calculator Works
- 1Enter your Adjusted Score, Course Rating and Slope Rating
- 2Click "Add Round"
- 3You must enter at least 3 rounds of golf (per WHS)
- 4Click "Calculate Handicap"
limitations of our golf handicap calculator
- 1It does not include "Playing Condition Adjustment."
- 2You can only add 18 hole rounds.
- 3This is not an official USGA Handicap.
- 4There is no Soft Cap or Hard Cap built into the calculation.
- 5There is no Exceptional Score Reduction built in.
key terms in calculating your golf handicap
- Adjusted Score: This is the maximum score on a hole you are allowed by the World Handicap System. This is Par + 5 if you do not have a registered a handicap and Net Double Bogey if you have an established handicap.
- Course Rating: The Course Rating is an assessment of the difficulty of a golf course and is determined by the length of the course and the presence of hazards. This rating is provided as a single decimal number, representing the score that a skilled golfer, also known as a scratch player, would likely achieve on the course.
- Slope Rating: Slope Rating is a measure of the relative difficulty of a golf course for players who are not scratch players. It ranges from 55 to 155, with a higher number indicating a more difficult course for bogey golfers.
Why Do Golfers Track Their Handicap?
There are 2 main reasons why golfers keep track of their handicap.
- It allows players of all abilities to compete against one another.
- Golfers can track their own performance.
For instance, if you have 2 golfers who want to play against one another and one of them is a Scratch golfer (0 Handicap) and the other is a bogey golfer (18 Handicap) they can still compete fairly.
You can learn how a Handicap Index is calculated here...
The Bogey golfer in this case would get 1 stroke a hole competing against the Scratch golfer.
get your Own handicap calculator
We realize that not all golfers can get nor want to pay for an official golf handicap. So we created a FREE Golf Handicap Calculator for you.
This a great way for you to track your own game and measure your progress.
You'll be able to download it as an Excel or Google Sheet file. This way you can track your progress for years to come.